Experienced Criminal Defence Lawyer


(09) 378 4101

  • A barrister is a lawyer who appears for clients in Court but does not have a Trust Account. A trust account is where your money goes until the case has been finalised. You cannot pay fees directly to a barrister who must have an instructing solicitor.

  • An instructing solicitor is a barrister and solicitor who will refer you to a barrister and will tell you the barrister’s fee. He is responsible to the barrister for the fee and you will pay the fee into the instructing solicitor’s trust account.

    You will be given a Law Society Trust Account receipt for that money.